It’s been a busy few weeks and I’d love to share a few items in one post:
- I served as the emcee at the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation‘s Data for Health report release event. I attempted to capture the spirit of the event in this Storify.
- Here’s a post I wrote about the Data for Health initiative: Imagining the Future of Health Data. It includes my favorite quote from the listening sessions: “The complexities of people’s lives don’t always fit well in a drop down box.”
- Erin Moore and I published our second essay in the Cystic Fibrosis for One Day series. To catch you up, here’s the first installment and a Storify about this empathy exercise organized by Smart Patients.
- Chris Snider interviewed me for his Just Talking podcast and, as usual, got me to tell a few secrets and reveal more than I meant to (if that doesn’t make you click I don’t know what will).
- One topic that Chris and I discussed: the opportunity to reach a broader audience by publishing on Medium. I even enjoy the pushback, such as the cheeky “who cares?” response I got to one of my essays. It inspired me to write “Welcome.”
And that’s where I’ll close this quick update. Please let me know if any of the above inspires questions — the conversation is never over in the comments!