I like her Top 10 Reasons We Need the Center post — here they are in short form:
10. People need space to create.
9. Painting can be very lonely.
8. Children need to see the arts as highly valued in our society.
7. We need a culture of healing in healthcare and not just a sickness model.
6. Communities need a place to congregate that is not centered on eating.
5. Where can you exercise, dance and play when the town park is covered in snow?
4. Creative Placemaking is really happening, check it out!
3. You can’t build an international movement without wifi.
2. Some of us need a safe place to go.
1. I am rooted here.
Please, give what you can!